Love seeing all those beautiful hand drawn, brush lettered quotes on Instagram and Pinterest? This brush lettering workshop is your chance to learn how to create that magic yourself!
All the materials you’ll need to work with will be provided for use on the day. If you have preferred materials you’d like to use, you’re welcome to bring those along. Snacks and great coffee are included as well as a workbook created specifically for you.
• you’re in a creative field and are looking to increase your skills and up your game to take your work to the next level
• you’re in a creative day job but haven’t been getting creative on your own – this will help reignite your creative spark
• you aren’t in a creative field but love making stuff, getting crafty and learning new skills
• you just want to attend an inspiring event that’s out of the norm to gain a new skill and meet new like-minded people while having fun
Saturday 19th August 2017
9:30am – 2pm
Beginner – Intermediate
• Coffee/tea and chats
• A brief introduction to watercolours and brush lettering
• Explanation of the different tools and uses
• Demonstration of techniques
• Brief lesson on “fauxligraphy” – calligraphic lettering done with normal markers and pens (see pics done with Sharpie)
• Warm up and practice while learning how to use your tools and learning the techniques to achieve the right look
• Moving from practicing shapes to working with letterforms and words
• Short break
• Working on your chosen phrase (which you’ll choose beforehand) to create a complete mini brush lettered piece for yourself
• A workbook which will contain the main points from the class for you to refer to afterwards, space for your own notes, practice sheets, visual references and guides.
• Great coffee from Fortune Cafe
• Some surprise extras
What you’ll take away
• A more than basic knowledge of the tools and techniques for brush lettering
• Practical skills with watercolours or inks and brush lettering to up your game in your personal or professional work
• Your own brush lettered quote piece created with your own hands
• An inspirational experience learning with other like-minded creative individuals.
Instructor: Fathima Kathrada
After over ten years in the creative industry and over five years working with illustration and hand lettering, I’m excited to be able to share the skills I’ve gained and crafted with others who’d like to be able to create beautiful things, while bringing people together for an inspiring experience.
I can’t wait to see you there! 🙂